Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fayetteville - They don't kiss their sisters!

“Driving is like a video game”. That’s what I kept saying as I took the van careening through the hills of Arkansas. The van had only been up to 60 MPH previously, but when you add hills and no wind to the equation 80 MPH seems like hyper speed. While the rest of the band held on for dear life I popped on “Party in the USA”, by my girl Miley and held my breath as we went under a mountain. Boom Boom Room was the first gig that I booked for tour and I searched high and low to find a good band to play with us. “Groovement”, is an excellent funk group from the area and accepted the offer to jam with the Ave. They would also be our host for the evening and showed us southern hospitality beyond our wildest dreams. Haha that was a pretty bad sentence. Anyways, we grabbed a rather large burrito and met up with the band to discuss the plans for the evening. Groovement has a very good pull in the area and the crowd was hippin and hoppin when they took the stage. There was one guy who contorted his body in various ways and stared at Steve longingly from afar and I thought he was part of the act for the longest time. Turns out he was just a random fayetteviller who wanted to get down on the floor. The gig was a smashing success and we all went back to the lead singer and drummers house for some late night drinks and recording lessons. A mysterious smoke filled the air and the conversations got way more ridiculous and absurd. Would you ever pay to go to a venue to write things about a band and have your messages projected right above their heads? Think about a large drunken crowd ready to say evil things, and then a lonely singer song writer takes the stage. It sounds like a very lucrative business to me and when I quit the band next week I will begin that venture. The house was amazing, check out some of the pics below to see the insanity. Over all it was my favorite night of tour so far and Im not quitting the band.
-Boomer

No comments:

Post a Comment